Your perfect day, perfectly photographed.
Santa Cruz Wedding photographer
Santa Cruz Wedding Photographer
Your wedding day is one of life’s most essential and memorable moments. You want to capture every laugh, smile, and heartfelt moment forever. That’s why you want a Santa Cruz wedding photographer who is a master of their craft and can capture those perfect, candid shots that tell the story of your special day.
With a photojournalistic approach, this Santa Cruz wedding photographer is a master of capturing those un-staged, unexpected, and expected moments that will make your wedding day truly unforgettable. They capture every moment, from the joy of your first kiss to the tears of happiness during the speeches.
Santa Cruz LGBT+ Weddings
I have been privileged to have photographed some beautiful LGBTQ+ weddings. These weddings are vibrant celebrations of authenticity and equality. Capturing the profound moments of love, acceptance, and joy is an honor for any photographer. It’s a testament to the power of love transcending boundaries, making every image truly special.
Joy of Children
Capturing the unbridled joy of children at weddings is a priceless endeavor. Their innocence, spontaneity, and genuine excitement infuse each frame with pure happiness. These candid moments, from flower girl giggles to ring bearer antics, add a heartwarming dimension to wedding photography, preserving memories you will cherish forever.
If you’re feeling a little nervous about having your picture taken, don’t worry. I also offer engagement photo sessions, an excellent opportunity to get to know me, your photographer, and feel more comfortable in front of the camera. How about beautiful, romantic engagement photos to share with family and friends?
Helpful Questions for the Bride and Groom
Do any top-rated Santa Cruz wedding photographers offer packages under $1000?
I, Kyer Wiltshire, offer beach wedding photography for under $1,000.
Who are some top-rated Santa Cruz wedding engagement photographers?
Santa Cruz-area couples have loved having their engagement images taken by photographers like me, Kyer Wiltshire. I also recommend Susan Helgeson Photography and Adriane White Photography.
Which Santa Cruz wedding photographers specialize in artistic wedding photography?
Like me, Kyer Wiltshire, many photographers in Santa Cruz offer more artistic wedding photos. My other URL is Artistic Wedding Photos.
What are some popular services for videographers?
Many document the wedding day, from preparation to reception. They create a short, cinematic edit that showcases the day’s best moments. Some videographers will create a film that tells the couple’s love story. It shows how they met to their engagement.
Nowadays, more and more videographers use drones to capture aerial footage of the wedding venue and surrounding area. As an artistic touch, you can also include low-motion footage that captures special moments in slow motion for a more dramatic and artistic effect. Some packages include unedited footage from the wedding day. This gives the couple a short video they show at the reception. It showcasesg highlights from the day’s event.
What should you look for in a portrait session?
When choosing a Santa Cruz portrait session, consider the following factors:
- Style: Look for an artist whose style matches your desired aesthetic for the portrait, whether traditional, candid, or artistic.
- Experience: Check their portfolio and reviews to gauge their experience level. Ensure they have a track record of producing high-quality portraits.
- Personality: A professional should be able to make you feel comfortable and confident during the shoot. You can choose someone whom you feel a good connection with.
- Equipment: Ensure they have the necessary equipment to produce high-quality portraits.
- Pricing: Consider your budget. Compare prices between photographers to find one that fits within your means.
- Availability: Make sure they are available on the dates you need. Do they have flexible scheduling options?
- Editing and retouching: Determine the photographer’s process for editing and retouching the final images. Will they meet your expectations?
How do you get great images on my wedding day?
- Choose the right photographer: Look for one whose style and portfolio you like and whom you feel comfortable working with.
- Plan ahead: Work with your photographer to create a shot list and timeline for the day to ensure your desired photos are taken.
- Natural light: Use natural light to your advantage and schedule outdoor sessions during the golden hour (just before sunset) for the best lighting.
- Please communicate with your photographer: Let them know of any specific shots or poses you want, and be open to their suggestions.
- Prepare yourself: Get plenty of rest the night before. Take care of yourself on the wedding day to look and feel your best.
- Relax and have fun: Don’t stress too much about the images. Enjoy the moment. Your positive energy will come across in the photos.
- Consider hiring a second photographer: Having two allows for more coverage and different perspectives during the wedding day.
Remember, having fun and enjoying your wedding day is the most important thing. The photos will turn out great if you have the right team.
How do you pose to create a beautiful image?
Here are some tips for posing with your Santa Cruz Wedding Photographer:
- Stand up straight: Good posture instantly makes you look more confident and relaxed.
- Use your arms: Experiment with different arm positions. Try crossing your arms, placing your hands on your hips, or holding them loosely by your sides.
- Angles: Try angling your body slightly to one side rather than standing straight on. This can create a more dynamic and engaging picture.
- Hands: Avoid placing your hands in pockets or behind your back. This can look awkward. Instead, could you try gesturing or holding props?
- Smile: A genuine smile is always the best way to look natural and relaxed.
- Make eye contact: Eye contact with the camera lens can add connection and emotion to your images.
- Experiment: Try different poses and angles to find what works best for you and the photo’s context.
Remember, it’s essential to feel comfortable in your pose. If you feel awkward, it will show in the photo. Try out different poses until you find the one that feels natural.
What should you consider when buying a wedding dress?
- Budget: Determine a realistic budget for your dress. Keep in mind that it is often one of the most significant wedding expenses.
- Style: Consider your style, the formality of your wedding, and the venue when choosing your dress.
- Silhouette: Think about the body shape you want to accentuate. Consider trying on dresses in different profiles to find the one that flatters you the most.
- Fabric: Consider the material that will be comfortable and suitable for the season and location of your wedding.
- Fit: Make sure to get the proper fit by getting measured by a professional and considering alterations if needed.
- Timeframe: Give yourself enough time to find the dress. Include time for alterations and shipping, as wedding dresses can often take several months.
- Accessories: Consider the accessories you’ll need, such as a veil, jewelry, and shoes.
- Consult with trusted people: Take along friends and get their opinion.
Are black and white images good for weddings?
Black and white images can be an excellent option. They add a timeless and elegant touch to the day’s memories. Black and white images often have a classic, emotional, and dramatic feel. They can convey a mood and atmosphere that color photos may not be able to achieve.
However, it’s essential to remember that not all images may look good in black and white. Certain scenes, such as outdoor landscapes or brightly colored decorations, may not translate as well. They may be best captured in color.
Ultimately, choosing between black and white or color comes down to personal preference. Many photographers offer both options and can advise on which images may look best in each format. It may be a good idea to ask your photographer to shoot both color and black-and-white of some key moments. Then you can choose which you prefer.
What is the best place to get married in Santa Cruz?
The best place to get married in Santa Cruz depends on your preferences and priorities. Some popular options include outdoor locations such as beaches, gardens, and parks. We also have indoor venues such as hotels, ballrooms, and historic buildings. Find a place that holds special meaning and creates the desired atmosphere for the wedding day.
What is the best time of year to get married in Santa Cruz?
The best time to get married in Santa Cruz, California, depends on your preference and the type of weather you are looking for. Santa Cruz’s Mediterranean climate is characterized by cool, moist winters and warm, dry summers.
If you prefer warm weather, the summer months of June to September can be ideal for an outdoor wedding. Temperatures range from the mid-60s to mid-70s°F (15°C to 25°C). Also, know that we can have fog in the summer. The fog can be cold, but it keeps the temperature down. This is more comfortable when wearing a warm tuxedo or wedding dress. As a photographer, I prefer photographing weddings with fog during the ceremony and portrait sessions. The overcast lighting is better for skin tones. Then the sun comes out for the reception.
For a cooler, more temperate climate, the spring months of March to May or the fall months of October to November are good options. Temperatures range from the mid-50s to mid-60s°F (12°C to 15°C).
Checking the local weather forecast is a good idea regardless of the season. Also, have a backup plan in case of inclement weather.
Let’s make something amazing together
Santa Cruz, CA
Please fill out contact form.